Thursday, September 05, 2013

Advice for my girls

Collecting tidbits of wisdom to pass on to my dear girls so that they can stay as sweet and lovely as they are today without being eaten up by the world.

"There are boys out there who look for shining girls; they will stand next to you and say quiet things in your ear that only you can hear and that will slowly drain the joy out of your heart. The books about vampires are true, baby. Drive a stake through their hearts and run away." - Caitlin Moran

Also, some fantastic advice I got from a 20 year old I used to work with when I was worried about rejecting somebody for fear of hurting their feelings; "they wouldn't worry about hurting yours".  So, very, true!  For a start, men don't feel things in the same way that women do, secondly I have found it in the past to be a pretty good test of character (not that I intended it to be).  If they get angry or nasty about it precisely at the time they should be on their very best behaviour, what sort of behaviour can one expect later on in the relationship?






No comments: