Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Hopes and expectations

The reason for this blog is to keep a record of things I am thinking and doing and also to put in writing my goals and dreams. I have heard that once something is put in writing it becomes more real and attainable.

So, here it goes.

My overall goal is to start "living" more. For the last couple of months or so I have been trying to figure out what that means for me. I have come to the conclusion that at this stage in my life I need to be experiencing more of the world and enjoying life instead of just regretting the fact that I am wasting it. I realise that this won't happen over night and I will have to shift a lot a bad and lazy habits. I am only twenty-five but I have been behaving like somebody much, much older for as long as I can remember and it hasn't got me anywhere. That doesn't mean that I am going to lose all responsibility and dignity, it just means that I will try to lose my acorn of bitterness and weariness with life and start it enjoying it for the wonder that it is.

To this end, my first goal is to move to Melbourne early 2007 (i.e. January to March). Once I get there I plan on taking an art course, a photography course and any other courses that take my fancy. I plan on going out for dinner, going to concerts and shows and the football. I plan to open my mind and not have a television. I plan to excercise and be more proactive in my work.

That is a pretty big start and I am quite excited about - however I have a large hurdle to overcome, but with God's help, my own strength and the support of my family and friends I hope to overcome it and start being happy!

No comments: