Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thankful

Although we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia, Keri's post inspired me to examine what I am thankful for as I am feeling a little frustrated by my career (of lack thereof) today.

I am thankful that I live in a free country and have more than enough money to meets my needs.

I am thankful that I have no serious health problems and that my all of my family is in good health.

I am thankful that I can see (with the aid of my contacts) and hear and taste and smell and feel. The world is truly glorious and it makes me so glad to see a sunset or smell the warm salty breeze and listen to the crashing waves or feel a hug.

Finally, I am thankful that I have found a way to manage my depression and be able to see the wonder of these things rather than focusing all my attention on trivialities.

I could go on but I think that is more than enough for which to be grateful.

No comments: