Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A new beginning

What a whirlwind of a week!

It began last Wednesday with orientation. This was a great introduction to University (as I have never been before) and made me feel a lot more at ease with this big transition. The teachers seem really lovely, down to earth and helpful, although with a class of two hundred they have a big job ahead of them. Uni seems to be a much more organised organisation than Tafe, I think this is out of necessity. Web based learning seems to be a big part of the course, I hope not too much (I am dreading this first months internet bill)!

On my return to work, I was training the new old girl (she used to work in the head office of the company) and I don't think I have worked so hard in the whole two years I was there. I feel confident I am leaving my job in good hands, but with all the exitement I am feeling, to be honest it doesn't really concern me.

Monday starting with an 8am lecture! (I thought I was supposed to be scaling back my early mornings). Fortunately it seems to be a relatively easy subject and not too taxing on the brain for that time of morning. The rest of the week is at more reasonable hours, with nearly a whole day of lectures on Fridays and nothing on Wednesdays. I feel at a bit of a loss at the moment with all this free time, but I am sure it will soon be filled with much studying (I plan to ace all my courses) and part time work. For now I am just enjoying having a bit of a break and enjoying my daylight hours!

And so begins a brand new phase in my life and I couldn't be happier.

1 comment:

Shell said...

Oh, I'm so glad that you are happy about this new beginning. I'm in the same boat, and feel exactly the same way. I'm loving being back at uni - it just feels so right. I'm stoked that you're loving it too. Happy days!

P.S. geez and 8am lecture is a bit rough!