Sunday, December 31, 2006

Quilt update

Like a lot of people in blogland, I am enjoying doing not much at all this week. I have finished my second grandmother's flower garden flower and started crocheting a hat from this pattern. I have been staying up late and sleeping in, enjoying summer, practicing pin curling my hair, reading and reflecting on 2006.

There is so much to love about this time of year, lychees, mangoes, time with family, the Christmas spirit that seems to infect even the most cynical and all this time off from life.



Also my favorite Christmas present;

This lovely lady.

My mother found her for me in Roma. Part of me would like to know who she was and how she ended up in an op shop but another part of me is happy for her to remain a romantic mystery. Can you see me reflected in the glass - spooky.
Happy new year whoever you are, I hope you have a lovely night and 2007 brings you closer to your dreams.

No comments: