Tuesday, January 16, 2007

More patches

Here are the second and third patches for my Grandmother's flower garden quilt. They are getting to be rather tedious to blog about, but they take so long to do (about a week - I'm all about instant gratification) I feel like I should post them. Also I do love them so, I can't wait until it is finished.

Feeling a little bit frustrated with the direction my life is travelling in at the moment - I think it is just a New Year thing. I also seem more dissatisfied in the beginning of the year. Also I think I am feeling a bit unfulfilled after going from Tafe two nights a week to nothing. I have been trying to completely ban television from my life but unfortunately it goes so well with hand quilting. I need to do things that require me to be away from the television. Although I have been consciously trying to reduce television for a couple of years, reading Keri's ad-free blog really brought home for me how much garbage I have been filling my head with my whole life and how much of my memory I am wasting on stupid television shows and advertisements! Then I started to think, it is just a coincidence that as a whole the people of the world seem smarter than they were before television? It's hard to tell. Anyway, I think no television is the way to go for me.

Note to self: Growth demands a temporary surrender of security - Gail Sheehy

2 comments:

Shell said...

I saw these on flickr - they are beautiful and I think the whole piece will be amazing when it is done!

I know what you mean about tv - I am a junkie and have to force myself to turn off so often. I rarely work at night because I'm watching tv - I want to change this and have decided to limit myself to a certain number of shows (will work it out when rating season comes back on), so that I don't waste time watching tv just for the hell of it.

I hope you feel better about stuff soon!

michelle said...

Thank you Shell - hopefully I can maintain my momentum on it - I have a pretty bad track record.

Despite my self righteous ranting about TV I am still addicted! I am hooked on Men in Trees at the moment (mainly because of the hot guy - see I don't even know his name) and the modern Shakespeare series on the ABC and embarrassingly, So You Think You Can Dance - I can't believe I am admitting this!

Thank you so much for your wishes - I am feeling better already. I tend to blurt whatever I am feeling the exact moment I post which is usually pretty blurgh because I am at work (very bad). You are such a very kind person Shell!