Monday, January 15, 2007

Rhubarb (and Apple) Delicious

Yesterday I turned this;

into this;


The rhubarb is home grown, I bought it from a little stall on the side of the road at Mount Tambourine.

Speaking of home grown, I've been growing some produce of my own.

I have been making this salad from it for about a week - mmm healthy. Why does food you grow yourself taste so good? I also have some basil, cherry tomatoes, mint, fennel, rocket and chillies in pots. It's a lot of fun watching them grow and then heartlessly ripping them out of the ground and eating them - ha ha.


I checked out the 2006 Conrad Jupiters Art Prize and Surfing the 60s: A journey of discovery exhibitions at the Gold Coast Art Gallery yesterday. It was wonderful to see all the diverse works of art by artists from all over the country. I cast my vote for the People's Choice award, which was really quite difficult - I do not envy the judges!

I also read The Secret History by Donna Tartt on the weekend. I heard a lot of good things about this book when The Little Friend came out a few years ago and while I enjoyed The Little Friend it didn't blow me away. The Secret History did. I found myself drawn into the story from the prologue. The characters are fascinating and different, the setting for the story is unique and the story itself explores character, remorse and lack thereof. Although the
characters did a terrible thing, I somehow sympathised with them.

I also read Magic for Marigold by L.M. Montgomery early this year . I enjoyed this book but didn't fall in love with it like I have some other books by L.M.M.

Phew, all in all, it was quite a productive (for me) and photo heavy weekend.

No comments: