Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Underwater Wonderland

Just a quick little update;

I've been making the most the most of the warm weather and the Gold Coast lately and have been snorkelling the past two weekends. It is my new favorite thing. The first weekend was lovely, blue and clear but we went out too late and the boats and jetskis started to push us into the rocks.

Last weekend, we went prepared. We packed up the boat with pizza and chocolate biscuits, I bought a disposable water/shockproof camera and we headed out for Wavebreak and South Stradbroke Islands. Unfortunately, it had rained the night before so the water was a little murky. We fed the fish (they are very tame) but one bit me on the belly button - ouch! Then we went for a little trek to try and find the Wavebreak Island deer (without success) and were home by 10am. I haven't developed the photos yet because I would like to go out again and get some nice clear ones.

Just for fun, (and also like Shell, I don't like posting without a picure, here is a photo of a lovely little heart padlock I bought myself.


1 comment:

Shell said...

Oh, it sounds wonderful! I love snorkelling, but haven't been for years. I can't think of a better way to start the day, you lucky thing. :)

The heart is so sweet. Glad I'm not the only one who feels a post is naked without a picture. :)