Monday, January 22, 2007

Op Shop Adventures

The best thing about my job is its location. One hundred metres from the broadwater and walking distance to seven op shops and four second hand book shops (as well as a shopping centre but that is pretty boring in comparison). I have a look around these op shops a couple of times a week, sometimes I can go weeks without finding anything and then go crazy in one day. Its the luck of the draw.


January has been a good month for thrifting. I found a beautifully handcrafted dress which was dated 1973 by the seamstress. Only eight dollars, what a bargain!





I also found this teacup and saucer made by Australian Potters, Sovereign for one dollar and this very photogenic little poodle for free! (with $5 Polaroid camera).





The last item of note is a nautical Yves Saint Laurent scarf which I intended to make into a dress after seeing a dress made out of scarves on a girl in line at Bunnings. Although, I don't know if I will be able to bring myself to cut it up - maybe it will live out its life with me as a scarf.

Note to self: Drama is very important in life: You have to come on with a bang. You never want to go out with a whimper. Everything can have drama if it's done right. Even a pancake. - Julia Child.

No comments: